Do you use cell phones and computers for extended periods of time? Here are a few things you should know about electromagnetic field (EMF) radiation and how it can affect the health of your eyes:
* In 2001, German scientists found a link between cell phone radiation and eye cancer. The study investigated a form of eye cancer called uveal melanoma, in which tumours form in the layer that makes up the iris and base of the retina. The research suggests there is a threefold increase in eye cancers among people who regularly use the devices.
* According to public health scientist Dr. George Carlo, in 2006 there will be 40,000+ new cases of brain tumors and eye melanoma diagnosed worldwide directly attributed to cell phone usage. In 2010, that number will be an unprecedented 500,000 cases PER YEAR.
* A group of Israeli researchers found a link between microwave radiation and the development of cataracts. The study shows that prolonged exposure to microwave radiation similar to that used by cellular phones can lead to both macroscopic and microscopic damage to the lens and that at least part of this damage seems to accumulate over time and does not seem to heal.
* Ophthalmologic symptoms of electrosensitivity and electromagnetic hypersensitivity include pain or burning in the eyes, pressure in/behind the eyes, deteriorating vision, floaters, cataracts. It is hypothesized that the watery contents of the eye assists the absorption of radiation.
THINGS YOU CAN DO
* Minimize use of computers, cell phones, and other electrical devices. (Not a practical or convenient solution, but avoidance is always the primary intervention.)
* Eyeglass frames should ideally be made from plastic with no wires in them, otherwise they can serve as an antenna to focus the radio and cellular phone waves directly into your brain and eyes. (Dr. Mercola)
* Take anti-oxidants, particularly SOD, catalase, glutathione, and Coq10. Microwave radiation has been shown to decrease levels of these anti-oxidants in the body. Other supplements you may need are:
– Melatonin: a powerful anti-oxidant noted to prevent DNA breaks in brain cells. Also effective in preventing kidney damage from cell phones;
– Zinc: protects the eye from oxidative damage and helps preserve the levels of anti-oxidants in the blood;
– Gingko Biloba: an herb considered a powerful anti-oxidant which prevents oxidative damage in the brain, eye and kidney. Also helps support the production of SOD, catalase and glutathione;
– Bilberry extract: preserves vision and reduces oxidative damage to the eyes. (Dr. Gerald Goldberg)
* Use scientifically validated EMF protection devices. Most recommended are wearable types that effectively reduce the effects of EMF radiation on your biofield. The biofield is your first line of defense against stress. EMF radiation is known to disrupt the biofield, place stress on your body and weaken your immune system. The right protective device strengthens your biofield against this disruption and maintains its delicate homeostatic balance.
(Note: This article is shared for educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. If you believe that you have a health problem, see your doctor or health professional immediately.)
Mobile, Alabama, USA
Grenada, Saint George’s
Sri Lanka, Democratic Socialist
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA
Logan City, Queensland, Australia
Click on any of the pictures below
to learn more