Cell Phone Radiation Protection
Mobile Phone Radiation Protection
Trifield Electromagnetic Field Meter
Friday, 1 July, 2011
The World Health Organization’s (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) recently classified radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (EMFs) as possibly carcinogenic to humans (Group 2B). This decision mirrors the 2001 IARC finding that extremely low frequency (electrical power lines and appliances) be classified as a 2B Carcinogen.
The IARC working group consists of 31 scientists from 14 countries and is part of the World Health Organization, its mission is to coordinate and conduct research on the causes of human cancer, the mechanisms of carcinogenesis, and to develop scientific strategies for cancer control. The official classification of wireless EMF as Group 2B puts wireless radiation in with 260 other substances already classified as “possibly carcinogenic to humans” this includes substances such as lead, styrene and the pesticide DDT.
This classification by the WHO was based on an increased risk for a specific type of malignant brain tumour called a glioma, a malignant type of brain tumor, which has been associated with use of wireless phones.The classification followed the Working Group’s evaluation of a large number of studies on radiofrequency electromagnetic field exposures to radar and microwaves in the workplace, environmental exposure to the transmissions of radio, TV and wireless telecommunication signals and exposure to wireless telephones.
Dr Jonathan Samet (University of Southern California, USA), overall Chairman of the Working Group, indicated that “the evidence, while still accumulating, is strong enough to support a conclusion and the 2B classification. The conclusion means that there could be some risk, and therefore we need to keep a close watch for a link between cell phones and cancer risk.”
The Working Group said that a concise report containing its main conclusions will be published in medical journal The Lancet Oncology on July 1st, 2011.
10 Ways To Avoid Cell Phone Radiation
• If you must use a cell phone use it on speaker to put distance between your brain and the “near-field plume” put out by the phone’s antenna.
• Texting is always better than talking because you don’t have to put the phone next to your head.
• All cell phones are not the same; check the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) of a phone before you buy check on-line.
• Never use a cell phone with children anywhere in sight; and don’t carry cell phones in your breast pocket near the heart as wireless radiation has been proven to cause heart disruptions.
• Even when in standby mode some cell phones are not passive and occasionally send a location-tracking signal to the nearest cell tower.
• When placing a call, the phone makes the connection at high power, so count to five before putting it to your ear, and don’t press it against your head.
• Limit cell phone use in your car, since the metal cage of the passenger compartment makes the cell phone boost its power output to stay connected. Also, the radiation put out by the phone bounces around the inside of the car similar to the way a microwave oven works.
• Limit the time you spend talking on a cell phone, and don’t let children under 14 use cell phones unless it’s an emergency.
• Forward your cell phone to a land-line whenever possible.
• Be aware PDAs, Blackberry and other wireless devices all work similar to cell phones and many produce a very powerful EMF.
Bangladesh Dhaka City
Antigua and Barbuda, St. John’s,
Cairns Queensland Australia
Chandler Arizona USA
Click on any of the pictures below
to learn more