Phone watchdog Powerwatch, using a testing device called the
Sensory Perspective Electrosmog Detector, even found
electromagnetic fields as strong as three volts per metre in
a bedroom above a room holding a cordless phone.
The group's director, Alasdair Philips said: "As ill-health
effects have been found at levels of only 0.06 volts per
metre, this is very concerning. It's likely everyone in a
house with a cordless phone will be constantly exposed to
levels higher than this."
The shock Swedish report - by scientists Lennart Hardell,
Michael Carlbery and Kjell Hansson Mild - is backed up by
many medical experts who believe cordless phones are a
Harley Street practitioner Dr David Dowson said: "Having a
cordless phone is like having a mobile mast in your house.
I'd recommend anyone who has one to switch to a plug-in
But BT's health advisor, John Collins, disagreed. He said:
"There's no conclusive scientific evidence linking the
radiation to any of the symptoms experienced. The evidence
is that it doesn't do us any harm. We're a responsible
company and abide by all the guidelines set down by
News of the World, 5th February 2006
"In the last week I have learned of 3 people we personally
know who have brain tumors. Two of those have had surgery to
remove the tumor and one recently died. My friend and
neighbor who had surgery on Wednesday, has a big huge scar
down the side of his head, said that the side he talked on
whether it was the cell or portable phone was the side the
tumor was on. He will start chemo and radiation soon and
faces a challenging battle to survive this. Also, one of my
best friend's friend died recently in Chicago of a brain
tumor after a long, hard battle."
Lansing Michigan USA
Mount Isa Queensland Australia
for 3 months, absolutely
RISK-FREE If you do not feel Q-Link improves your
focus, energy, or well-being, simply return it for a full
Airtube headsets have
30 a day refund.